Camp Virgil Tate, like many nonprofits, is still recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic. We need your help to return to our full operational capacity.
In 2020, we lost over 70% of our funding due to COVID-19. In a typical year, this funding would have come from the many private events that we host such as weddings, family reunions, corporate retreats, birthday parties, and more. However, due to the lockdown and other restrictions, we were not able to safely hold any of these events, which considerably shrunk our budget. We managed to stay open, thanks to the help of our generous supporters and partners. But we are still trying to recover from such a huge financial adjustment.
What does my donation fund?
All funds raised will go directly toward the continued operation of Camp Virgil Tate.
Your donation helps us:
- Make much-needed repairs and improvements to our facilities.
- Provide scholarships to camps, field days, and other youth educational events.
- Support youth and our community by offering deeply discounted rates to:
- 4-H clubs and organizations
- local schools and their affiliated groups (bands, sports teams, after school programs, etc.)
- local churches and their affiliated youth groups (child care centers, church camps, VBS, etc.)
- and other eligible nonprofits
- Continue to provide a safe and beautiful space for youth to learn, develop, serve, and grow.
How can I help?
We’re glad you asked! You can contribute by making a donation.
If you would like to make a physical donation, check out our Amazon Wish List. Or if you’d like to support our many improvement projects, we are accepting donations of building materials, tools, or supplies. Please contact our office prior to donating building supplies by calling (304)-741-5657. We currently have an immediate need for treated lumber 6 feet or longer, and painting supplies (brushes, rollers, roller covers, trays, drop cloths, etc.).
If you would prefer to mail a donation, you may send it to:
Camp Virgil Tate
1400 Camp Virgil Tate Road
Charleston, WV 25312
Please make checks payable to Camp Virgil Tate or the Kanawha County 4-H Foundation.
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes. Camp Virgil Tate is owned and operated by the Kanawha County 4-H Foundation. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and all donations are tax deductible.